You can buy the tickets ONLINE or at the Information Office in Livorno.
If you purchase your tickets on line you can use credit / debit card or Pay Pal, purchasing tickets at the Information Office is only possible with cash.
Yes, if there are seats available it is possible to purchase tickets directly on the spot and on the day of the trip.
No, the price of the ticket is the same.
If you can’t print out the voucher you can show it on your mobile device.
If you purchase online, you have your seat guaranteed and you can come directly at the departure of the bus.
Yes, kids in between 3 and 8 years old, disabled and crew members get a reduced price ticket.
Yes. It is possible, if you buy a ticket to Pisa and add an other service like Livorno City Sightseeing (open top red bus ) or the boat tour around the canals, you will have a discount. we call the tickets “Combo”.
No every service Is different and offered by different companies.
It is possible to cancel your ticket without any extra charge up to 48 hours before the departure, in case that your cruise ship arrives later there is no need to refund and cancel because we can fix the timing of your ticket to guarantee you the departure.
If the ship doesen’t arrive in port we can refund.
To go from the port to the center of Livorno
there are differents options depending on where your ship docks.
The biggest ships MSC, Royal carribbean, NCL ecc arrive in the industrial area and are all linked to the town by shuttle bus service.
Once you leave your ship you can purchace your ticket for the shuttle bus on the harbour, the price is usually 5 euro round trip, busses leave every 10 – 15 minutes and the drive is about 10 minutes. The bus drops you off and picks you up in the centre of the city just where all our services leave from. (Via Cogorano).
Smaller ships do not necessary need the shuttle, if you are allowed you can easily walk out the port and make your way to the main square of the city.(port assistants will provide you a map)
Yes, we have vehicles for any kind of group.
Yes, our timetable changes reckond the arrival or departure of the ships.
Yes, our busses return 90 minutes before the departure of the ship. The staff on board is always in contact with the staff of the port of Livorno. In case of delay the bus will return directly to the port.
The service includes: transport (round trip), assistance given by hostesses on board, free Wi-Fi during the journey, map of the cities and discount codes and coupons.
We hire and rent busses and vehicles with driver, for private tours and groups.
The Panoramic tour does three stops near the principal attractions in Rome, the assistance will be given only on board instead the Classical tour is a tour with an official guide on board and while walking around the city.
WHY WITH US
TuscanyBUS.com offers you the chance to visit the wonderfull cities of Tuscany on a low cost price, and on reliable viechles.
TuscanyBUS.com also has options for visiting the town of Livorno.
Tuscanybus.com offers low cost excursions, much cheaper compared to the official shore excursions organized by the ship. We are in charge directly for the services and all of the routes are public authorized by the Tuscany local authority.
With the information given on board by the hostesses, the maps, brochures and multimedia (downloadable software and apps) Tuscanybus.com gives to all the passengers the necessary information for a great DIY trip. We guarantee safety, punctuality and comfort.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
Option 1. Pisa by low cost bus – getting from Livorno to Pisa tower
- cheap like the train, and safe as an excursion!Departure of the low cost bus to Pisa “Tuscany Bus.com” is only few meters from the drop of the shuttle. Departure at 10am, 12am, 13.40 am.It is possible to buy tickets on line, at the tourist information office, at the bus stop directly to our staff.
- Time of transfer from Livorno shuttle bus stop to the tower: 40 min
- Free time inPisa 2 ,20h
- Free wi-fi on board
- Reserved seats if you buy on – line
- The arrival in Pisa is in a parking only 700 mt from the Tower. (Parcheggio Pietrasantina)
- Return: Departure from the same parking, at the exact time indicated on your ticket,
- Prices:€ 15 adults, € 10 children (3 – 8 years, disabled, staff members) (contact us if you have more than 1 children)
Option 2. Pisa by train – getting from Livorno to Pisa.
Cheap but not so direct and fast… pay Attention or Pay Extra:
Getting from Livorno to Pisa by train is relatively easy and can be quite stressful if you are not used to travelling in Italian cities. You have to now the directions to make the whole experience as stress free as possible
- From Via Cogorano 3 min walk to the public bus stop in front of shop “H&M” you have to pick up bus number 1, which takes you to the railway station (approx 10/15 min)
- Before getting on the bus you need to buy the ticket at the newstands situated in Piazza Grande € 1,20. If you buy the ticket on board it’s € 1,70. Remember to validate the ticket on board, if not you may risk a fine.
- Prices for trains to Pisa vary in correspondence to the type of train: € 2.60 for the regional, € 7.50 for the ‘InterCity, € 10 one way for the ” Freccie” (Red Arrow or White Arrow). The journey time is 15-20 minutes. Getting on board the train with a wrong ticket is subject to a fine.
- http://www.trenitalia.com/ For more information on fares and schedules, please consult the website.
- From the train station to the leaning tower . You can either walk or take the local bus:
Walk takes around half an hour depending on how long you linger.
Taking public transport about 10-15 minutes (LAM ROSSO front of the Jolly Hotel). It is’possible to buy the bus ticket at the newspaper kiosk inside the station (€ 2.40 return ticket) , on the bus (1.50 each way) . Remember to validate the ticket on board, if not you may risk a fine.
Time of the journey approximately 50/60 minutes, it depends of the waiting time of public transports.
Price: from € 11.20 a / r (choosing the regional train, otherwise the expense can be much more expensive!)
- Don’t forget to validate your ticket at one of the machine in the station before you travel. There is a fine of 100 Euros if you are found travelling without a validated ticket.Validate before each journey, there AND back.
WHAT TO SEE IN TUSCANY
Pisa is a great budget destination. The Piazza del Duomo in Pisa is one of Italy’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Most people have heard of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but most people have no idea of the context of the tower. It is actually just the bell tower for the Pisa Cathedral (with its beautiful marble facade, adorned by columns and statues.). The entire cathedral complex is as impressive as the tower. The cathedral is a mishmash of old bricks from previous buildings and has strong Arab influences.
What’s in Piazza del Duomo, Pisa?
The UNESCO site of Piazza del Duomo, Pisa consists of three important and culturally valuable architectural structures:
- The leaning tower of Pisa is the most notable structure within the Piazza del Duomo, Pisa. It is also one of the most visited by tourists who like to take the famous shot of the leaning tower. It is a freestanding bell tower that stands behind the Duomo. It is also the third oldest building within the Piazza. The tower started to lean soon after it was constructed in 1173. The tower took 199 years until its completion
- The Duomo is located at the heart of the piazza. It is a medieval cathedral that was designed by architect Buscheto. The Duomo was constructed in 1063 but was completed by 13th century.
- The baptistery is romanesque building within Piazza del Duomo, Pisa is the work of architect Diotisalvi. It was constructed in mid-12th century and was completed by 14th century. The Baptistery is the largest of its kind in Italy and was dedicated to St. John the Baptist.
Do you know what to do in Florence? CLICK
Do you know what to do in Lucca? CLICK
Do you know what to do in Livorno? CLICK
You can download an audio guide that can help you during the discovery of Florence.